Thursday, May 26, 2016

Delivery of Tiny House

As the tiny house made its way down the street people came out to greet it. The neighbors called out to it as it came by.

"I love your tiny house," said a neighbor to me as she drove past.

"Bring it in here," said another pointing to her driveway, "I'll make room." I had suddenly gone from homeless pariah to celebrity. I probably had the TV shows to thank for that for I could see that the tiny house phenomenon had already garnered enormous appeal.

I waved to my tiny house moving crew and they pulled to the side of the road. The neighbor whose house sits directly in front of my step mother's property came out to chat with Phil the principal builder who was pulling the tiny house with his truck. John had been following behind in his van. The neighbor was in construction himself and they exchanged business cards.

Then the house was eased down the driveway. Low hanging branches dragged against the roof. Phil and John stopped to set up the 20 foot ladder they had the foresight to bring along and Phil climbed up to the roof and lifted the branches carefully over the house as his wife eased the truck forward. With their little dog in front seat looking out the window this was definitely a family effort.














Then they backed it into place and leveled it as promised.

All that remained was for me to hand over the cash and for John to sign over the pink slip for the trailer. I was elated. And amazed at how quickly my tiny house vision had fallen so neatly into place in only two weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment